Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 21

I guess this breeder is now just going to ignore me. Even after I forwarded our previous conversation. A simple "we changed our mind" would have been nice. I was kind of counting on them to make up for the breeders I missed with the phone debacle. I am really glad I got a far more diverse sample pop than I had been expecting.

We grabbed Gavin again and brought him back to our campground. He and Darien played in the pool for hours. Misha (I hope I spelt that right) or 'Moth' from Chaz drove 3 hours, so 6 hours total!, down from Wisconsin to visit. Way to make us feel special :) She has THE most gorgeous basenji ever. Watson is so stunning, once again there are pics, you will all have to wait. We had a lovely visit whilst the kids splashed. Watson seemed horrified that people were chosing to go in the nasty water. Basenji's have very experessive faces.

Laura and I made poutine for the Smiths for dinner, we decided after last night's very American chili dogs we could share some of our national cuisine. We even managed to find curds, though they weren't quite right. The poutine ended up tasting pretty authentic and was met by approval.

Laura had a collar made for Smudge that says Cpt. Oblivious in a military style. Its fantabulous! I had a coupler made of the right length for my guys. Both of us are very excited.

Saying good bye is so hard. Darien kept hiding so he could stay with Gavin. Gavin kept sayign he could keep him it would be no trouble, no trouble at all..... All of us will miss their family very much (including the dogs) and were discussing ways and hows of coming back. (they would love to come visit us, but their dogs are not allowed in Ontario, and they have no one they trust to leave them with)

Sad and tired we return to the cabin. Tomorrow we head to Ohio. Not only are we sad to say good bye, we are sad our trip is almost over. We have met so many fantastic people and had such a great time we wish this could go on for the rest of the summer.

2 comments:

  1. We miss you! But we had such a fabulous time!!! You are welcomed back whenever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally drive those 6 hours again any time :)

    ReplyDelete